Pick your Jar • Pick your Scents • Pour your Candle
Our pour-your-own Candle Bar in Old Town Scottsdale has been called a 'hidden gem', but you'll have to come experience it for yourself and see! Making candles is a relaxing and creative way to spend a Saturday when visiting town, for a unique date activity, to celebrate a birthday, bachelorette or other occasion, or just because you love candles!
We happily take walk-ins, reservations, and private parties for candle making. You can book a reservation for up to 10 people during regular business hours; for groups larger than that, please call us for booking options or check out our private parties here!
Ready to get making? Reserve your Candle Bar experience below!
Terms, Conditions + Cancellation Policy
Please review our terms + conditions for your candle making appointment:
- We are now requiring a credit card on file to book a reservation - please note this information is secured in a payment gateway and the card will not be charged, unless you ghost us for your appointment :)
- Please arrive on time for your booking so you have time for the full experience (which lasts up to 1 hour)!
- We require at least 24 hours in advance for booking changes or cancellations.
- Reservations canceled less than 24 hours prior to your booking will be subject to our $25 per person cancelation fee.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late and/or late booking changes cannot be accommodated, your booking may be canceled and cancelation fees may be applied.
Thank you for understanding that our space is limited and we want to accommodate all candle makers as best we can!
Candle Bar FAQ
Scottsdale's Original Candle Making Experience
Light + Bark Candle Co., established in 2017, was one of the first and is still one of the only places in Arizona where you can blend + pour your own scented soy candles!
Here's what you can expect:
- Candle making prices range from $32 to $50 plus tax, all inclusive.
- The process takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes, but your reservation books you for one hour.
- You'll choose from 70+ premium fragrance oils to combine and blend your own unique scent. We use only non-toxic fragrances, many containing safe-to-burn essential oils, for a clean and safe candle burn.
- You'll choose from a variety of candle jar sizes + colors to create your own unique aesthetic. Most candles include a choice of lid, too.
- Finish off your candle by customizing a hand-drawn label.
- Candles are liquid when poured and need 2 hours to cool before taking them home.
- You can pick them up the same day if you arrive early enough in the day. Walk to nearby Old Town Scottsdale restaurants and bars to grab food + drinks while they cool!
- In a hurry? No problem! Leave your candles after you finish pouring and we will bag them up for pickup at a later date, or we can ship them home to you!
- Traveling? No problem, you can fly with candles in your carry-on or checked bag.
- We ask that you please pick up your candle within 30 days of your appointment.